- Vancouver, WA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It’s an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo HOP launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo HOP promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo HOP are building a network of stores across London, the UK and other markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo HOP and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo HOP team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
Lead and run the day-to-day operations, team and performance of Manchester Deliveroo Hop´s sites.
- Recruit and manage a large team of on site staff
- Evaluate store performance using key metrics and address issues to improve them. Set targets for the delivery sites which are ambitious but achievable and support your teams in achieving those targets
- Proactively drive innovation within your delivery sites
- Motivate and support your teams within a time-sensitive and demanding operational environment, and create an engaging high performance culture for your teams
- Champion the role of compliance in on-demand delivery and implement best in class methods
- Proven experience as an area/district manager or similar managerial role
- Sound understanding of how to optimise site operations and standards for success
- Knowledge of performance evaluation metrics and principles — confident conducting root cause analysis and using Excel
- Entrepreneurial mindset — comfortable in a highly ambiguous environment, able to take responsibility from day one and work independently by following processes and own directions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.