- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your home in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2013 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward many years and we operate in over 13 countries with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 80,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to become the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it. We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started...
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Deliveroo Editions are our solution to ensure that our customers have access to the best of the food scene no matter where they live. We operate these bespoke, delivery only, kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants across the globe, and have big plans for more of the same. As the Site Manager, you will be working with the Editions Operations Manager and taking responsibility for the whole site, from maintaining the kitchens to ensuring the smooth running of all the delivery operations, as well as working alongside our Restaurant Partners to improve their day to day business. As well as these behind the scenes functions, we will also need you to be comfortable in a guest-facing context as we operate some dine-in areas within our Editions sites and being comfortable in a Front Of House environment, with a smile on your face and a willingness to help, is absolutely crucial.
Working with a wider team you will be tasked with improving kitchen efficiencies overall, from prep time and service time to Food Safety & Hygiene standards, you will have a huge influence on maximizing the profitability of the restaurant brands through using your expert knowledge to suggest labour control and stock control, amongst other innovative suggestions.
You will be working alongside an Senior Editions Site Operations Associate, as well as Site Operations Associates whilst working closely with up to 12 Head Chefs and their kitchen staff.
- Managing the day-to-day running of a Deliveroo Editions site; meeting health & safety standards, managing stock deliveries, site cleanliness etc
- Improving our restaurant partners kitchen operational efficiency
- Improving site efficiency and reducing site operational costs
- Liaising with our restaurant account management and rider operations teams to improve our overall site performance
You will be tasked with:
Ensuring the site is fully functional at all times, from maintenance issues, meeting health and safety standards, as well as food hygiene standards across every kitchen and managing stock deliveries. Support the head chefs to ensure maximal operational efficiency, through labor costs, stock control and service/prep time. Liaise with our restaurant account management and rider operations teams to improve overall performance of the site, for both customer and restaurant brands. Lead on training, development and progression in all areas on site for the benefit of the restaurant brands. Managing the logistics of the whole site, from prep, receiving orders, stock deliveries, ordering and staffing costs, P&L. Managing conflict, operational and logistical challenges and dealing with multiple situations regarding service standards at any one time when on shift. A cool head when things don’t go according to plan is essential. You are friendly, great at problem solving and organised, as you will be working alongside a team of chefs, delivery riders, and influencing others. You are full of energy as the role has demanding hours, and can handle lots of data while multitasking.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a fast paced hospitality environment, whether this be contract catering, operations, events or restaurants.
- Along with this, a good understanding of the P&L is ideal, experience in managing P&L for your business.
- Good with numbers, comfortable using data to inform your decisions
- Deliveroo is a weekend and late night company in the hospitality industry, it is essential for you to work shift work, including week nights and weekends. Typically 2 out of 3 weekend nights you will be required on shift and Friday & Saturday evenings are our busiest time of the week.
- Physically demanding, you must ensure all deliveries are ready for pick-up by our riders, coordinate with multiple kitchens, audit Restaurant Partner kitchens weekly, it’s non-stop.
- Comfortable in a guest-facing context, we operate several dine-in areas within our Editions sites so being comfortable in a Front Of House environment, with a smile on your face and a willingness to help, is absolutely crucial.
- Experience in leading a team, can demonstrate excellent communication skills with exceptional attention to detail, happy to train and coach new Team Members.
- Can do, never give up attitude and the desire to grow and succeed with one of the worlds fastest growing food-tech companies.
- Must be fluent in English