- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It’s an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
As a Senior Purchasing Manager, your primary responsibility is to work with our internal teams and external suppliers to ensure our purchasing needs are met for the Editions vertical. You will help determine which products to buy, in what quantities, and when.
You will build and maintain processes to ensure Purchase Orders are submitted on time with minimum errors. You’ll also build processes and ways of working to reconcile purchased quantities with received quantities. You will work with our product and technology teams to specify requirements for custom purchasing modules and software.
We need a data driven leader who can build a team in the UK and around the world to manage our relationships with external suppliers, working closely with our internal teams to ensure that we meet the demands of our Editions vertical, all while managing cost and efficiency.
- Build and maintain processes that allow us to submit Purchase Orders on time, with minimum errors, with the ability to reconcile purchased quantities with received quantities
- Build and maintain relationships with external suppliers. Be the first point of contact for external suppliers, handling all day-to-day communications and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Work with external suppliers to identify and deliver cost reduction opportunities
- Analyse category and market research data regularly to identify opportunities to introduce new products, and to remove/replace underperforming products.
- Input into internal forecasting models and provide manual overrides when necessary to meet peak demand and/or correct for one-off issues.
- Build streamlined and automated processes to manage supplier relationships (e.g., automated reports, self service tools, etc.)
- Build and manage internal and external reporting on supplier performance
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role in a related industry (FMCG, Grocery or Logistics is a plus)
- Experience generating, managing and reconciling Purchase Orders
- High level of commercial acumen
- Excellent stakeholder management skills - able to build and maintain a good rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Hands-on mentality and are willing to get your hands dirty
- Strong analytical mind but still think in a pragmatic way
- Very good communication skills and a high proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Experience working outside of the UK a plus but not required
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.