- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Growth Operations team sits within the UK&I Operations department and is focused on improving the experience of our customers when they place an order from our largest restaurant partners. You will be at the forefront of ensuring that Deliveroo strengthens its position as the leader in the food delivery market. You will work together with our wider Operations team and Account Managers to ensure the smooth running of our delivery operations associated with our high-volume restaurant partners.
You will be adept at working independently to diagnose, resolve and report on areas of concern and at communicating proficiently with your team and wider stakeholders. Central to this role will be the ability to conduct robust numerical analysis and distil the outputs so it can be understood by a wide range of stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a subject matter expert on rider operations
- Conducting data analysis to better understand the performance of our largest restaurant partners
- Documenting your findings in an easy-to-understand manner, fit for external consumption
- Proactively find areas for improvement, be innovative in seeking the best solution, and execute in a timely and considered manner
- Positively impact the overall rider network through improvements driven by working with large National Account restaurant partners
- Embody a “test and learn” mentality to drive results
- 1-2 years experience in an analytical role, ideally in a fast paced environment.
- Analytical - Proficient in data analysis, and especially able to draw clear, actionable conclusions from large datasets.
- Communication - able to distil complex data analysis into simple, easy to understand outputs. These could be written documents or presentations.
- Inquisitive - infectiously curious and happy to question the status-quo
- Project management - experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a structured and logical way to ensure you’re always delivering the right work at the right time.
- Right to work in the UK
Preferred, but not required
Experience with SQL, or willing to learn
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.