- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for a Head of Grocery to join the team. This is a rare opportunity to become a leader within a key business unit. You’ll be a senior manager who’s able to grow a significant portion of Deliveroo’s revenue. Your role will be commercially focused, however you will work cross-functionally with teams including Operations, Marketing and Product to ensure success.
In this role your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and execute the strategic vision for Grocery in Australia, taking lessons of success in other Deliveroo markets
- Grow the grocery business through expanding to new sites and partners, as well as working with marketing to grow our customer base
- Own the relationship and operating rhythm with key strategic accounts: managing the accounts to deliver growth, optimise investment and develop preferred partnerships
- Develop the operational plans for Grocery across Australia: keeping across legislative changes and reducing poor customer outcomes
- Overall ownership and management of the P&L to ensure we hit revenue and profit targets. Achieve financial and growth targets with an understanding of how to-trade off commercial, marketing and operational levers
- Own the quarterly planning process engaging local and global teams where required
- Work closely with the Key Accounts and Marketing & Merchandising functions to develop a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business and how to optimise for growth
- Liaising with our Operations and Marketing teams to drive efficiencies, improve customer outcomes and accelerate revenue growth
- Work closely with the Commercial leadership team to drive overarching Commercial team outcomes and contribute to big picture strategic vision
- Manage an Account Manager who will take care of smaller accounts and assist in administrative tasks (team likely to expand down the track)
What we’re looking for:
You’ll have a strategic mindset, analytical skills and stakeholder management experience with a track record of exceeding financial targets as well as:
- Background of 3-5 years working in commercial focused roles with P&L responsibility.
- A history of successfully growing performance in a world where trade-offs are required to deliver results
- Deep understanding of P&L statements and an ability to trade-off between line items.
- Commercial & Marketing Acumen: you’ll be able to rapidly understand how our business operates, makes money and sustains profitable growth
- Executional Excellence: you’ve achieved clear customer, commercial and financial results with a strong resilient entrepreneurial spirit - you are willing to get involved at all levels of the business!
- Customer Obsessed: understand and connect with our customers. Believe in our ability to create services and products which address this and have the customers best interest at heart
- Tactical & Strategic: able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics, interdependencies and implications of decisions.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity & Autonomy: you’ll be happy to be pointed at problems and work out how to solve them. You don’t require micro-management to be successful - you have a can do / will do attitude
- Stakeholder Management: engaging, informing, and gaining the support of various stakeholders. Taking time to collaborate and build relationships; earning the respect and trust of others within the organisation through strong emotional intelligence
- Resourceful: constantly look for creative ways to make the most of the resources we have. Throw tenacity, brainpower, teamwork and collaboration at problems, not money and extra heads. Think like an entrepreneur
- Upbeat, growth mindset & high energy: you bring freshness, energy and passion into the team. Help create a working environment that is unique, spawns new ideas and is enjoyable for the other people involved
- Experience in grocery store operations is a plus
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.