- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It’s an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and other markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo Hop team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
As the Head of Inbound Logistics, you will be in charge of managing and creating the infrastructure of receiving physical goods across our Dark Store Grocery vertical. You will support our business by developing systems and processes to support the physical receipt of goods, supplier management, inventory accuracy, product availability, all in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
We need a data driven leader who can build a team in Italy to manage our inbound supply chain, working closely with our operations teams to ensure that we meet the demand of our various business units, all while managing cost and productivity across the network.
You will work with suppliers to create regular delivery schedules and develop processes to manage unexpected increases in demand that are characteristic of the fast-paced food delivery market.
What you’ll be doing
- Oversee and build an end-to-end process of receiving physical products from suppliers and resolving issues (e.g., shorts)
- Reconcile received inventory against Purchase Orders and reconciling discrepancies, via via in-stock management and developing escalation procedures
- Performance manage suppliers and drive compliance with SLAs and other contractual commitments via regular meetings and structured processes
- Manage all daily dispatch duties
- Evaluate deliveries, shipments and product levels to improve inventory control procedures and reduce working capital
- Analyze daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages
- Input into forecasting models and provide manual overrides when necessary to meet peak demand and/or correct for one-off issues
- Build and manage internal and external reporting
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role in the logistics industry (FMCG, Grocery or Logistics is a plus)
- Previous experience in inbound supply chain management
- Hands-on mentality and are willing to get your hands dirty
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical mind but still think in a pragmatic way
- Understanding of managing KPIs, OKRs and budgeting
- Experience leading and managing a logistics team
- Very good communication skills and a high proficiency in both written and spoken English
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.