- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
About the role:
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish. You will contribute to the strategy of the Operations department and will be responsible for ad hoc, high impact projects pertaining to all elements of French Operations: designing and executing frameworks for improving the efficiency of our logistics network, while also supporting strategic cross-functional projects across business units.
She or he will be responsible for operationalising our ambition to become the definitive food company
You will :
- Define a market-winning customer proposition at a hyper-local level. What’s going to make us the most attractive food delivery option in Strasbourg on a Monday afternoon? How does that differ from what makes us the most attractive option in Paris 10ème on a Friday lunchtime?
- Create levers to allow us to flex our customer proposition.
- Contribute to continuous improvement across all of France Operations
- Balance cost priorities versus growth and service level delivery
- Collaborate inside the Operations department and the wider business units to manage cross-functional projects (Marketing, Commercial, Finance etc.)
- Build up dashboards and reporting on performance of all Operations activities
- Drive in strategic, financial and operational planning and execution
- Leverage your financial and strategic experience and knowledge to identify areas of strategic interest and frame approaches to tackle them
- Improve our service levels across all Operations departments by continually driving performance
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders in the business to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues of importance
- Ensure linkage to central functions in execution of country initiatives, deployment of new products/capabilities and alignment with company-wide missions
- Drive key resource allocation discussions and implementation with other functions
- Conduct benchmarking (over time, across markets and vs competition) to identify areas of opportunity
- Define “success” and suggest corresponding KPIs and incentive structures
- Run regular cadence of performance reviews (e.g. weekly and monthly ops reviews by market)
- Actively seek problems to solve and provide quick go-to-market solutions
- Significant years experience in top-tier strategy consulting, finance, banking. Relevant experience in a high growth / fast paced environment preferred
- Highly proficient in data analysis, a strong communicator and a trusted problem solver
- Advanced Excel skills required and experience with SQL and data visualisation applications preferred
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Fluent in English
- Customer-centric, and good business acumen
- A leader and manager - prior experience in team management is preferred
- A builder - able to deliver approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies
- Effective communicator - able to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders within the Operations team, within the Deliveroo France team and with the wider Global team. Able to communicate to the highest level of the the organisation (C-level)
- Have an opinion - know your stuff and be prepared to debate it to arrive at the best solution for Deliveroo
- Inquisitive and forward-thinking - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements
- Adaptable Fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right
- Stakeholder management - this team only succeeds if it can influence and persuade
- Workload management - able to prioritise work by considering the impact and scale of the work, as well as managing time effectively to meet deadlines
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.