- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
You will be a part of the team responsible for the operational performance of the delivery network in Spain, encompassing reliability, availability and efficiency. You ensure that we have the right number of riders on the road in the right place at the right time. Additionally, you optimise the rider’s experience of working with Deliveroo whilst taking into consideration the customer’s delivery experience and the wider priorities of the business.
- Ensuring we have the right number of riders on the road at the right time, in the right place
- Improving the availability, reliability and efficiency of the delivery network
- Improving the quality of the fleet
- Optimising the set-up of our delivery zones and hours to balance service, selection and cost.
- Using analytics to improve the delivery network - understanding what needs to be improved to increase availability, reliability and efficiency of the network
- Managing and leading a team of P&P associates to give them guidance, direction and coaching
- Continuously identifying opportunities for improvement - e.g. target calibration, zone reviews, optimising rider performance
Reports into: Head of Operations, Spain.
- Country General Manager
- Operations team
- Commercial team
- Global ops strategy and performance team
- Analytical and strategic - able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business.
- Technical - Working knowledge of SQL and experience working with data warehouses and business intelligence platforms. Fluency in using spreadsheets for analysis and planning.
- Effective communicator - outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly establish gravitas and credibility with a range of middle to senior-level stakeholders.
- Track record of ‘getting things done’ - operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high quality decisions
- Coach - able to coach and engage your team of associates technically and professionally
- Inquisitive - infectiously curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo.
- Languages - fluent in Spanish and English is a must.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.