- Vancouver, WA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
Deliveroo is currently looking for a Restaurant Onboarding Associate (6 month FTC) to join its well-established New Restaurant Experience team based in Manchester City Centre.
The successful candidate will be working as part of the SMB team to support new restaurants and generate revenue for the Deliveroo platform.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Job Spec - Introduction
- Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
- We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
- And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
- It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
Job Spec - Responsibilities
- Once a restaurant has agreed to partner with us, you’ll own the relationship until they’re live and generating enough revenue in order to be passed on to our Account Management team. This will include retrieving onboarding details, uploading them to our systems, helping them to get set up, handling any issues they have around launch and providing commercial advice on how to increase order volume.
- You’ll work cross-functionally with our Sales, Production and Account Management team to ensure our new restaurants can seamlessly transition into their partnership with Deliveroo.
- Work with the Partner Services team to refine and hone our processes
- Ensure restaurants are fully comfortable with our processes and systems so that they can make the most of their new partnership
- Act as the liaison between restaurant and photography team, scheduling shoots and ensuring both parties are satisfied
- Job Spec - Core competencies
- A strong phone presence with excellent communication skills
- The confidence to make regular cold calls and remain resilient
- IT literate (including a range of Microsoft software)
- Highly organised and detail orientated mindset
- Experience in account management, sales or customer service desirable
- Ability to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- Emotional intelligence and empathy
- Get up and go attitude
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.