- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll report into the Head of Operations Strategy + Performance Manager and work closely with them to problem solve and implement solutions for key operational issues, using a data-driven approach. You’ll provide best in-class operational support to our key restaurant partners, from launch to maturity, assuring their success on the Deliveroo platform. Day to day, this will include:
- End-to-end management & execution of key operational projects, working with internal & external stakeholders to drive results. For example:
- Collaborating with key accounts in order to develop tailored strategies to maximise order volume, while assuring good service outcomes.
- Working closely with the operations performance team in order to problem solve and operationalise solutions.
- Conducting detailed analysis with the aim of generating strategic insights on industry trends, purchasing habits, menu optimisation, customer leakage and competition benchmarking.
- Leading the monitoring and analysing of operational performance of our restaurant partner’s KPIs, preparing and presenting partner performance review meetings with senior stakeholders.
- Working closely with our Growth Performance Associate to execute our Australian expansion strategy. Work collaboratively with key account partners on expansion planning, designing site specific approaches for launch.
- Collaborating with the local Sales, Operations and Marketing teams to support ongoing initiatives for key restaurant partners. Driving implementation of operational improvement projects with key commercial partners by working together with our strategic account managers
Skills you’ll need:
- You’ll have an analytical mindset and be able to communicate insights clearly and concisely to a diverse audience.
- You are able to lead and drive others to action.
- You’ll be able to think strategically and validate your assumptions with data.
- You enjoy thinking on your feet, using your initiative and executing at high speed.
- You’ll have experience in leading and executing projects
- You’ll always be collaborating and be comfortable working with a diverse range of teams
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.