- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As Supply Manager, UAE, you will responsible for defining the strategic and tactical approach to onboarding the requisite number of new riders in each city and improving the quality of the fleet. This includes, optimal vehicle type mix, improving rider participation at peak demand, average hours worked and tenure, and maximising rider engagement through the onboarding pipelines. You will work with the central teams responsible for local rider marketing, and manage the end to end conversion and onboarding processes.
You will need to possess a good blend of strategic and on-the-fly thinking, alongside a bias for action. This position is best suited for someone who can set and achieve ambitious goals, actively prioritise for the team, is not afraid to get his/her hands dirty in execution, and can remain composed in face of pressing issues. You will work closely with our rider marketing, and supply chain teams to drive cross-functional projects across a variety of business areas.
What you will be doing:
- Craft a coherent “the future of supply” vision for UAE – you will help drive the long-term roadmap, rider strategy and demand-generation for how we approach supply in the future.
- Responsible for developing and executing rider acquisition and engagement strategies for achieving business objectives.
- Lead the implementation of our hiring workflow in all markets and assure compliance with local laws.
- Evaluate, prioritize, and close strategic partnership opportunities.
- Long term supply planning - Work with Finance & Strategy teams to forecast longer term demand which will impact rider kit purchases & future rider marketing spend strategies.
- Supply Model business owner – Develop, improve and own our local supply model.
- Strategic insights – Build analyses and insights to better understand short-term and long-term developments and opportunities for improvements in our Rider Supply.
- Building and testing new onboarding models - help craft experiments and models to be piloted throughout UAE to determine optimal supply process.
- Ensuring we hit supply targets in all cities - by monitoring every stage of supply processes to ensure we have the right size fleet in every city. Develop city-level intervention plans where needed.
- You will be responsible for setting the local rider marketing strategy and working with the central team in the UK to execute.
- Improving the effectiveness of conversion processes - whether it’s improving our comms or offering targeted incentives, increase conversion rates at every step. Work out data-driven strategies as well as unique and out-of-the-box initiatives to drive conversion.
- Autonomously design, set up, and track all processes related to rider onboarding - including target-setting, onboarding velocity, and efficiencies, right-to-work compliance and kit logistics etc.
- Leverage strong numerical, problem solving, and analytical skills to identify any issues in time.
- Provide effective and tailored communication to influence external and internal stakeholders.
What you will need:
- Analytical - Comfortable with large quantities of data. Attentive to details. Able to draw insights from historical data and trends, consider the complexities across markets, and forecast future demand. SQL and/or Python skills are a plus.
- Excellent communicator - Able to simplify complex analyses and insights. Strong written and verbal communication skills across a varied set of stakeholders from a rider to the Managing Director.
- Collaborative - Able to work well with cross-functional, and international stakeholders.
- Adaptable Fixer - Enthusiastic to help, and flexible & resourceful in addressing both big picture and detail-oriented challenges.
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools, and structured change methodologies.
- Inquisitive - Intellectually curious, thoughtful, and comfortable questioning the status-quo.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment in an operations role or project management role.
- Track record of ‘getting things done’ - know when you have enough insight to make a call and apply the 80 / 20 rule for rapid high-quality decisions.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.