- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As Support and Engagement Manager, you’ll have full ownership over a team in the Operations department, working on the support and engagement of ~5000 riders in the UAE. This includes setting our strategy on how best to maximise the insight that we get from riders, to solve the most critical operational issues and to keep riders happy.
The Support side of the role is responsible for ensuring our fleet maximise their productivity. This is through running rider training, designing & implementing rider performance policies, providing direct phone support to our riders, and ensuring we’re on the roads with our rider supervisors and kit champions to speak with riders face to face. Rider Support is a key channel for Deliveroo to understand what riders really think of the company and ensure there is a feedback loop into the business.
The Engagement side of the role is responsible for improving rider sentiment through both online and offline rider engagement activities such as running our rider website, or running rider events. The team also manages partnerships with third parties and assess general fleet sentiment to ensure we’re providing the best possible rider proposition.
You’ll also need to have experience managing a team, and always put development, progression and performance at the front of your mind.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the team and set strategic direction, not just in the near term but to create a lasting positive effect on riders
- Monitor rider sentiment and operational metrics across UAE, report and devise a strategy for engagement
- Set direction on rider policies to improve operational performance
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement - whether through designing better processes or better allocation of tasks
- Leverage strong numerical, problem solving, and analytical skills to identify any issues in time
- Demonstrate critical thinking across different and ambiguous scenarios and the ability to suggest tactical recommendations swiftly
- Provide effective and tailored communication to influence external and internal stakeholders
- Develop the team through investment in their growth and on-the-job training
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment (e.g. consulting, banking, tech or start-up companies)
- Bachelor degree from a reputable university
- Analytical skill set demonstrated by an advanced proficiency in Google Sheets or Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a varied set of stakeholders from a rider to the Managing Director
- Track record of ‘getting things done’ - know when you have enough insight to make a call and apply the 80 / 20 rule for rapid high-quality decisions
- Management experience (highly desirable but not required) - ability to manage direct report(s) effectively and create a strong team culture.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.