- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
- Product Engineering
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company.
In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives. As Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Manager, you will work closely with our Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to implement DEI initiatives and measure impact with proven results.In this role, you will support Deliveroo’s employee-led Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (DIB) Groups and help oversee the implementation of firmwide projects, interventions, events, and roadmaps related to DEI through collaboration with People Analytics and People Operations teams. You will address some of the most complex and undefined DEI-related challenges and ensure alignment of DIB Group objectives and DEI programs to Deliveroo’s business goals. You are insightful, empathetic and human and will leverage relationships to help us connect with our diverse employees globally.
In this role, you have a unique opportunity to have an outsized impact on the culture of a business that is growing at a breakneck pace. Your work will directly impact the sense of belonging of our 2,000+ employees across 12 countries, and ensure every team member feels included and can thrive in our diverse, global environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with People Operations and our employee-led Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Groups to run weekly DEI/Culture onboarding for all new joiners
- Provide structure and support for our four (4) DIB Groups (Gender, LGBTQ+, Racial Equity, Wellbeing), aligning their strategies to the overall DEI strategy and programs to deliver even greater impact
- Drive a consistent approach to inclusion and belonging efforts across DIB Groups, including change management, succession planning, budget allocation, event planning, goal setting, membership, and creation of new DIB Groups.
- Work with external vendors to provide subject matter expertise, best practices and development for DIB Group Leads and Committee members
- Manage strategic internal initiatives (diversity data collection and reporting) and intersectional programs (i.e. mentorship or sponsorship programs)
- Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and manage your and others’ time
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and problem-solving skills; ability to effectively address tricky situations and have difficult conversations
- Strong orientation toward collaboration and teamwork
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact
- Curious self-starter with a strong desire to learn and innovate – you help challenge the status quo and you’re eager to develop new skills
- Reflective practitioner with a growth mindset – open to feedback and not afraid to make mistakes
Great to have, but not required:
- Experience running global, cross-functional initiatives
- Data analysis and visualisation skills
- Employee Resource Group leadership experience
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.