- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Product Engineering
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone’s home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world’s best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
In this role, you’ll be helping Deliveroo partners grow as a lead of the Partner Integrations team that’s responsible for building the best food delivery platform for our restaurant partners.
The role is responsible for the team that coordinates the integration efforts across multiple parties including restaurant partners, external technology providers, account managers, business stakeholders and restaurant products to ensure clear visibility within each project and drive the project to successful completion. This is a great opportunity to work with a diverse set of teams in a fast-changing environment and is integral to driving success as we grow. This position is located in London and reports into the product team.
What you’ll do:
- People Leadership - Lead a team of Enterprise Project Managers, growing and developing the team members, processes and measurements for integrations.
- Detailed planning: Oversee the development of best-in-class partner integration materials and toolkit, including pre-kickoff preparations, project kickoffs, project plans and communications to ensure the successful adoption of the product with our key accounts.
- Stakeholder management: Work across internal stakeholders including Leadership, Commercial, Legal, Product and Account Management to prioritize, assess and review our most critical integration projects. Provide input to key Quarterly Business Reviews presentations, meetings and performance reviews.
- Strategy - Manage relationships with third-party integration partners, including strategy and approach. Work with the Enterprise Project Management team and Product to provide recommendations on technology/product improvements.
What we’re looking for:
The right candidate will have experience managing a team that is responsible for success completions of complex projects across lots of different stakeholders.
- 5+ yrs relevant experience in Project Management or Coordination
- Experience leading and managing high-performing teams.
- Successful at leading large initiatives in a cross-functional setting
- Willingness to take responsibility and dive-deep to solve problems
- Experience working with product and engineering teams
- Technical understanding and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication and stakeholder/partner management skills
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.