- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
- Product Engineering
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Learning Manager, you will work closely with our Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as a key partner in developing organisational diversity, inclusion, and cross-cultural competence of Deliveroo’s teams. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and delivering learning initiatives in support of Deliveroo’s DEI efforts, while embedding diversity and inclusion into our learning practices. You will create learning programs that ensure our diverse talent is sufficiently supported and equipped with capabilities and skills to be inclusive leaders and evaluate the effectiveness of learning strategies and programs; assessing the impact on our diverse employees globally and on the business and DEI objectives. This role requires an understanding and awareness of diversity and inclusion issues as well as the tactics and programmatic components that will serve to drive behaviour and cultural change. You value a continuous learning approach, showing interest and curiosity in new ideas and opportunities.
In this role, you have a unique opportunity to have an outsized impact on the culture of a business that is growing at a breakneck pace. Your work will directly impact the development of our 2,000+ employees across 12 countries, and ensure every team member is equipped with capabilities and skills to create inclusion in their teams so everyone can thrive in our diverse, global environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and execute scalable learning experiences and resources, including toolkits, workshops, job aides, and nudges to embed diversity and inclusion through learning
- Develop and deliver learning and development experiences and opportunities Executives, Managers and Global People Business Partners to help advance the DEI mindset and skill building
- Manage vendors and curate learning resources to expand and deepen learning across the globe in partnership with Global People Business Partners
- Partner with People Strategy to integrate inclusive leadership training into existing leadership development programs
- Support our DIB Groups with best practices on creating educational materials and learning experiences for allies
- Experiment with innovative ways to drive behaviour change and create opportunities for practice and application
- Proven experience in Learning & Development or related learning/education disciplines
- Demonstrated understanding of inclusive learning practises and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion subject-matter expertise including research, trends, data, and leading practices
- Knowledge of innovative adult learning design and implementation
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, navigate ambiguity, and maintain a focus on high-quality execution
- Ability to balance local and global priorities
- Strong orientation toward collaboration and teamwork
- Reflective practitioner with a growth mindset – open to feedback and not afraid to make mistakes
Great to have, but not required:
- Knowledge of instructional design for neurodivergent learners
- Coaching certification and experience
- Experience in creating multilingual courses and learning programs
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.