- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Product Engineering
Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time of day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, helping them to find new customers so they can grow their business and increase revenue. And we’re a partner to riders, who see us as a source of flexible work that can be adapted to meet their needs.
Life as a Product Manager can mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, riders, and restaurants. Day to day, you’ll tackle new, interesting business problems, and find innovative, creative ways to solve them. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
What you’ll be doing
Deliveroo is a complex three sided marketplace and Network Economics sits right at the heart of it. Network Economics builds the cutting edge technology that manages the complicated network of trade-offs within this marketplace -- growth, profitability, partner success, etc. This includes algorithmic pricing, demand forecasting and real time management of demand and supply imbalances. All these products have a multitude of impacts across the customer, rider and restaurant - which provides this role with the rare opportunity to work with many different stakeholders across the business on a variety of company objectives.
What you can expect as a product manager in this area:
- Work closely with Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists to tackle delivery marketplace problems. For example, how should we price delivery fees for our riders or what levers should we be using to improve real time demand and supply matching.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to explore the problems that Deliveroo is facing and define the path to a solution. You’ll work with a variety of stakeholders, from junior operators to senior level decision makers - both are pivotal in defining your product strategy.
- This role will be ingrained within an established tech group. You will take part in the day to day ceremonies of a tech team (working “agile”) and be expected to lead the coordination, planning and decision making for your product areas.
- Deliveroo is still super early in its life cycle and a true startup at heart with complex meaty problems to tackle. No PM is working on the nth iteration of an established product. You will be responsible for defining the roadmap for a nascent product in a space only a handful of people have experience working in.
- Work closely with key business and finance stakeholders throughout the annual and quarterly planning cycles to define the KPIs and impact your product will have on the business.
What you’ll bring to the table
- You have a track record of using data to tackle ambiguous problems. You have overseen small teams, developed roadmaps / project workstreams and driven the delivery against that roadmap / workstream.
- You are highly detail-oriented and thrive in an environment where impact and speed of execution are paramount.
- You possess strong analytical & technical skills and have the ability to challenge and be challenged on a numerical basis to ensure your decisions are well-founded.
- You can have detailed discussions with technical individuals, or subject matter experts, and are able to explain their insights to stakeholders and executives around the business.
- You drive impact while balancing both short and long term priorities.
- You have a trained business acumen with experience in defining key business metrics and leading indicators. When appropriate data is lacking, you are able to trust your gut to make calls that are logically sound.
- You are adept at influencing your teammates, stakeholders and depending teams to rally around your plan.
- Have previous proven success in a strategic role with complex analytical problems (e.g. product manager (preferably ML focused products), strategy consultant or investment banking).
- Have a track record of working in a problem space that requires “systems thinking” (the ability to understand the connections within a system and the consequences or chain reaction of taking a particular action).
- Are highly detail-oriented and thrive in a scrappy environment where impact and velocity of execution are paramount.
- Are highly analytical and can collaborate effectively with Data Scientists to define new measurement frameworks, make data-led decisions and contribute to financial planning
Preferred, but not essential
- Experience working on an online marketplace and/or delivery network
- Degree in Engineering, Economics or Mathematics
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of attractive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.