- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Product Engineering
Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers, grow their digital presence and deepen their relationship with existing customers - and thus maximize the revenue of their business. And we’re a home for a variety of internal teams building tools and the underlying platform for customer service, finance, marketing,... to keep the operation afloat, all at a huge scale.
Life as a product manager can mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, restaurants and internal teams. Day-to-day, you’ll tackle new interesting business problems, and find innovative, creative ways to apply yourself to the problems at hand.
What you’ll be doing
We are seeking a talented product manager to join our Platform organization. Specifically partnering with the Analytics Engineering teams.
These teams are responsible for providing the underlying data structure that keeps our operation running for millions of orders a year and partnering with internal teams on the data, transformations and tools to drive data analysis and help the business answer complex questions. Working closely with partner teams across our Technology org, the team owns the processing, transformation and storage of that data and relevant tables used to power analysis.
- You have a track record of success partnering with engineers, product designers and data scientists to tackle ambiguous problems, particularly in the platform area. You have overseen and supported dedicated teams and led product prioritisation, developed roadmaps and been responsible for the delivery of end-to-end data capabilities.
- You have strong attention to detail and specifically the ability to understand internal partners’ data needs in depth, and work with your team to design robust and scalable ways of solving such problems.
- You thrive in an environment where impact and speed of execution are paramount, but in which stability and data quality are never compromised.
- You possess proven analytical & technical skills and have the ability to challenge and be challenged on a numerical basis to ensure your solutions are well-founded.
- You have an understanding of data processing and warehousing solutions, as well knowledge of reporting tools.
- You are adept at influencing your teammates, stakeholders and depending teams to rally around your plan. You possess an evangelist’s touch for inspiring an organisation with your product vision, explaining complex concepts in layman’s terms, instituting passion and excitement for your work and the ability to convince the senior team to be thrilled with an outcome, even if at times it varies significantly from their original ask.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.