- Hong Kong
- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Product Management
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
We are looking for a creative Chinese copywriter to write persuasive, conceptual copy that delivers on the strength of our tone of voice and helps us create powerful and effective marketing communications. We’re looking for someone who knows how to build a relationship with our customers through words and can help us achieve a key part of our mission: to become the definitive food company.
What you’ll be doing?
- Writing Chinese copy for our owned channels including emails, push notifications, social media posts, digital ad, in-app banners and other written material, based on strong conceptual thinking and solid insights.
- You’ll partner with designers to come up with concepts and present ideas to stakeholders before executing beautifully crafted and original copy.
- You’ll also be a guardian of the Deliveroo tone of voice, making sure it is maintained throughout all touch points.
- You’ll be able to juggle multiple projects and work quickly, interrogating briefs when necessary and taking on feedback in an open and collaborative manner.
- You’ll contribute in all the communications, translation and adaptation of global copies
- Excellent command of Chinese language, with proficiency in English
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in copywriting and content creation
- Experience in content marketing a plus
- A love for words and conceptual thinking
- Demonstrable copywriting experience in the form of a portfolio of published work
- Creative thinker who can translate strategic and marketing needs into moving and meaningful consumer facing copy
- Varied experience showing you can adapt copy to fit across a variety of channels
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn and adapt with a fast, growing business
- Driven to inject insights and creativity into the most basic copy
- Genuine passion for food a plus
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.