- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Product Management
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
- What you’ll be doing...
- Firstly, what are Deliveroo Editions? Learn more here.
- As the commercial lead for Australia, you will lead commercial strategy and execution to ensure the success of our delivery-only Editions sites. You’ll work with the local and global teams to introduce best practices and approaches to the Australian market.
- Deliveroo Editions were the world’s first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed by innovating their offering.
Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. And the future is even more exciting: bigger brands are joining us, we are expanding kitchens, and finding new ways to add value and reshape the food delivery landscape.
Day to day, you will:
- Drive Editions commercial agenda in close collaboration with the local Commercial team to ensure the best outcomes for live restaurant partners
- Manage Editions processes and relationships with live partners to ensure their success. This could range from onboarding and setting up new partners, to invoicing and reporting, to developing marketing plans and commercial partnerships.
- Optimise our restaurant portfolio by developing a mid-term vision for each Editions site. You’ll do this by bringing on new restaurants and ensuring their launch and growth is a success
- Lead strategic initiatives to achieve commercial outcomes - from virtual brand and menu optimisation, to ancillary product listings and sampling activations
- Own Editions Country P&L, drive results down to operating profit level and report to key stakeholders including the local GM and Global Head of Editions
- Coordinate with the local Editions Site Operations organisation to ensure smooth day-to-day operations and ongoing optimisations
Skills you will need:
- 4+ years of professional experience, including experience in commercial roles such as sales or relationship/account management preferred
- Financial fluency, with experience in managing budgets and analysing or structuring commercial deals preferred
- Excellent project management skills, able to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- The ability to adapt your communication style as you’ll be working with a diverse range of teams and restaurant partners and operators
- A growth mindset and the desire to continually learn and progress within a fast paced start-up environment
- Previous experience in the food industry launching new restaurant Brands or experience in hospitality consultancy or in restaurant ownership is a strong plus
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.