- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Product Management
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
We’re hiring a Communications Manager to support our technology team in internal and external communications. This is a brand new role whose principal function will be to devise and implement a communications strategy to support Deliveroo in growing our Tech Org and telling the story about why our technology is unique.
You’ll be focused on helping us communicate our tech story to a wide range of internal and external audiences in multiple markets. You’ll work closely with our internal, external, tech leadership and tech recruitment teams and your work will directly support our efforts to grow our tech team at pace. You will also work closely with the People Team and the Communications to determine messages and channels of communication.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has excellent communication skills with an ability to adapt messages to different audiences, with significant experience of working in and passion for the tech sector (either directly or as clients). You’ll be a strong writer, as comfortable working on digital as well as traditional channels, and confident working with and preparing content for senior leaders.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Identifying the most effective way to communicate our tech story to specialist tech media, current, and potential employees
- Designing and maintaining a content forward planner for technology-specific communications
- Supporting our technology recruitment team in creating suitable content for Deliveroo’s owned social channels e.g. LinkedIn to support us in achieving our tech recruitment goals or Deliveroo’s own blogs to share information on our tech team’s work
- Identifying, researching, and generating speaking opportunities and events for our tech leaders (internally and externally)
- Preparing speaking notes, draft articles, and briefing digital content to support proposed communications activity
- Supporting wider employer brand activity with a specific focus on tech e.g. maintaining and enhancing our tech careers blog
- Building relationships with relevant external stakeholders e.g. tech media, influencers, academics
- Liaising and aligning with key stakeholders within our Tech org, our comms teams (internal and external), and the People team on a regular basis
- A genuine passion for tech AND food
- Strong understanding of the UK tech sector - from a communications and a wider landscape perspective
- Experience of working either in a tech company in a communications role (internal or external) or as a communications adviser/consultant to tech companies
- Experience of working on both internal and external communications including media relations
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Confident liaising with a wide range of stakeholders and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful, action, and detail-oriented. Able to combine creativity with analytical thinking to deliver measurable impact
Preferred, but not required
- Some experience using communications measurement tools (e.g. social media analytics)
- Experience in briefing and reviewing creative assets, including video, photo, graphics, and copy
- Experience in working on communications in Deliveroo’s non-UK markets
- Knowledge of tech media landscape in Deliveroo’s non-UK markets
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.