- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
- Product Management
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
The primary role of the Corporate Catering Manager is to build a world class restaurant selection, operations, and demand for our catering business in the UK and Ireland (find out more about our Deliveroo for Work product here - https://deliveroo.co.uk/for-work). The Corporate Catering Manager will be the owner of the team-lunch use case and events and will be responsible to grow our catering client base and catering restaurant selection, as well as optimising our processes and operations.
The responsibilities of the Corporate Catering Manager are:
- Own the Catering offering entirely. You will be responsible for the entire catering business, from restaurant selection, to sales, operations and customer service.
- Liaise with the restaurant team and our restaurant partners to ensure the offering is constantly optimised for our catering clients, and that our selection of caterers keeps growing.
- Effectively manage and motivate the Catering team and ensure the Corporate Operations Executives are always growing in their roles, and thriving in their careers.
- Proactively support the Corporate Account Managers and Business Development Managers to sell our catering offering and nurture our catering clients to ensure they’re receiving a best in class service.
- Liaise with the Head of Corporate Account Management and the Customer Service team to ensure the right policies are in place and catering-related queries and complaints are handled quickly and effectively.
- Own our catering operations (from menu creation to logistics), and ensure a smooth and reliable service for our Catering clients. Be ready to constantly test and implement improvements to our catering processes.
The ideal candidate has a natural commercial attitude, understands the corporate world and corporate catering. We’re looking for someone that is highly analytical with a strong sense of customer service.
- A natural-born negotiator - a driven and hard-working individual.
- Structured thinker - take problems and your ideas to solve them and make them into a coherent action plan.
- Problem solver - able to take ownership, solve problems, and keep a cool head in challenging situations.
- Excellent attention to detail – proven ability to be detailed-oriented in a work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Creative – exhibits tenacity, never takes no for an answer.
- Hungry to progress within a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience in a B2B sales role.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ideally a candidate with management experience.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.