- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Product Management
Deliveroo is hiring a new Corporate Communications Manager UKI to join Deliveroo’s growing global communications and policy team.
This is a brand new role which will officially report to the Head of Corporate Communications but will also work closely with the Head of Public Affairs UKI.
The ideal candidate will be a great communicator who has a strong interest in the media, government and current affairs, and will enjoy working across communications and public affairs day-to-day.
It’s a really exciting time to join the Deliveroo team and this role will play a vital and leading role in helping Deliveroo build its reputation as a publicly listed company.
- Experience of working in corporate PR (in-house/agency) and/or working in Parliament/government or a related organisation (e.g a leading think tank)
- In-depth understanding of the media and political landscape in the UK and Ireland with an excellent antenna for successful stories and a desire to work on current policy issues which are at the top of the news agenda
- Proven track record of landing positive corporate coverage in the national media and building successful campaigns which have made a genuine impact, with a particular focus on CSR/ESG
- Exceptional communication skills with proven track record of communicating complex and sensitive policy issues to a wide-range of senior stakeholders and national media - preferably experience of public speaking and/or broadcast experience
- A multi-tasking self-starter who is confident liaising with a wide-range of stakeholders and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Brings an existing network of media contacts, MPs and senior stakeholders to the role
- Support the Head of Corporate Communications with all media relations in the UK and Ireland, including handling incoming media queries from the national print and broadcast media
- Support the Head of Corporate Communications with the creation and execution of positive business announcements and innovative new partnerships and campaigns, focused on the most important areas of Deliveroo policy - e.g healthy eating, sustainability, CSR initiatives
- Identify new and interesting opportunities for Deliveroo to build its corporate reputation in the national media and build strong relationships with a network of journalists across trade and national outlets
- Create high-quality briefing materials to support the CEO, Executive Team and the Board with media interviews and meetings, as well as all corporate-related internal briefing documents
- Support the Head of Public Affairs with engagement with Government and political stakeholders, at a national, devolved administration and local level
- Draft proactive and reactive correspondence and briefing material on issues affecting Deliveroo’s Public Affairs and policy goals
- Assist in providing political intelligence and analysis on a range of topics affecting the business
Competitive Salary and perks
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing tech companies in an incredibly exciting space.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a short covering letter setting out why you would like to work at Deliveroo and believe that you are the right candidate for this role.
If you have any questions about this role then please don’t hesitate to get in touch: Romilly Dennys, Head of Corporate Communications: email@example.com