- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Product Management
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome, right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 8 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
An inspirational and highly collaborative creative leader, this person will be responsible for leading the creative thinking in Deliveroo’s internal Creative Studio. The ideal candidate is an experienced creative leader who will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and will be integral in developing the Global creative voice of our Studio. Your main responsibility will be to make our customers (riders, restaurants and consumers) consider Deliveroo, and ultimately to love our brand. You will report directly into the Global Creative Director.
On a day-to-day basis you will be overseeing, from a creative perspective, all of the briefs that come into our Studio from our departments and from our local markets. You will identify briefs that can be elevated by some upfront creative positioning and work with the copywriting and strategic teams to seek out these opportunities and elevate the work. These briefs can be anything from storyboarding a social video to developing the script for a radio spot, to defining the creative direction for a photo shoot. Whilst you will have the support and guidance of the Global Creative Director you will be the Lead Creative in the studio and will be expected to fully own that voice for the team.
This is a very exciting and unique time to join Deliveroo as a Creative Lead. We are rolling out a new brand platform across the business which means you will have a significant impact on how that gets translated across the company. The Studio is also going through a period of growth and this role will be integral in supporting that growth and elevating the work.
- You will have creative oversight of all design, mass communications, performance / PMM and content coming out of the Studio, and making sure this ladders up to Deliveroo’s brand platform, ‘Food. We get it.’
- Responsible for monitoring and supporting the continued roll out of the team vision.
- Be a creative force, working closely with our agencies around the world and local market teams, to drive forward creative output from the studio.
- Work with the Global Creative Director and management team to shape the creative brand voice for Deliveroo in line with the new platform.
- Approve creative briefs, contributing where necessary. Ensure that all briefs ladder up to the wider strategic approach of Deliveroo.
- Offer strategic and creative recommendations as required.
- Ensure briefs are fully understood within the Studio and spot when they can be elevated by upfront creative and strategic input.
- Empower and equip the team with the insight, knowledge and creative direction they need to produce work that responds accurately to brief and speaks to the overarching creative strategy.
- Act as brand guardian, ensuring brand consistency across all deliverables.
- Continue to evolve and push our global creative platform.
- Supervise and approve all output from the studio - ensure that all work delivered is of the highest standard and presented appropriately.
- Proactive in pushing forward creative discussions, briefs and opportunities with the senior creative team, driving and encouraging creative collaboration.
- Be a team motivator - excite the team about the potential of each brief and champion the impact and importance of strong creative.
- Own and drive the potential of the Studio to become a force for creativity across the business, spearheading creative and strategic conversations with our creative partners, helping to shape and drive their approach.
- Ultimately, to be a positive champion for powerful storytelling and insight-led creativity in everything we do. Excite the company about the creative possibilities of our story.
- Help to foster the best environment for the Studio to do the work of their careers.
- You have 7+ years of relevant experience in creative ideation and concepting
- You are a creative change agent who leads through vision, and by example.
- You have accelerated brands in the tech or food space, ideally both.
- You have run creative teams at leading agencies or in-house at brands.
- You are deeply strategic in the way that you approach creative.
- You bring exciting thinking that gets people talking, but you never lose sight of the importance of strategy.
- You have experience creating ATL, BTL and cross-platform campaigns.
- You have great storytelling skills, enabling you to build and present creative decks with clear, compelling narratives.
- You are comfortable with fast-changing organisations and ambiguity - you thrive off the opportunity, and are resilient to change.
- You will be confident in planning and supporting the team to execute fast turnaround content for social and digital channels.
- You are a driven self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- You know when to push, but you also know when to be flexible.
- People and culture above everything.
- You are audience and customer obsessed!
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.