- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
- Product Management
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
What you’ll be doing
As a CRM Assistant you are the voice of Deliveroo when speaking with our customers across the Globe and be a key driver of delivering the CRM strategy. Reporting into the CRM Manager you’ll be responsible for executing and supporting the day to day running of CRM campaigns to enhance our marketing calendar via email, push and in app pop ups. Overall you’ll be laser focused on creating engaging content that is relevant to our customers, focusing on utilising the right channels at the right time and that ultimately deliver a meaningful impact to our customers and the business. You’ll sit within the Central CRM Team, but work closely with teams from across the whole business, including our local markets.
You’ll be a passionate and technical email marketer, who consistently puts the customer at the centre of their decision making and campaign execution. You’ll be the kind of person who can’t wait to look at your metrics soon after a send, and you’ll get excited about new ideas, new channels and new campaigns. You’ll work well with others and arrive at kick-off meetings for a new campaign full of ideas, based on what we’ve learnt through data and your own inspiration.
- To Do All Of This, You’ll
- Collaborate with the UK CRM Manager, UK Marketing Team and other stakeholders to support the UKI Marketing and/or Lifecycle calendar through CRM channels
- Be responsible for creating engaging and dynamic end-to-end delivery of emails, push-notifications and in-app messages executing in a timely and effective manner
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders to ensure workloads & deadlines are managed efficiently (we love Slack channels for everything)
- Reporting, analysing and pulling out trends and learnings to inform campaign decisions.
- Support with test & learn strategies to optimize email templates, content and customer initiatives creating email best practice and making recommendations across the business
- Assist with the CRM strategy: analyze and track key segments for future growth and commercial planning
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing or Business preferred) or strong relevant experience
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload
- Attention to detail and email deadlines are adhered to, maintaining high standards of accuracy
- Analytical skills highlighting key data trends to inform decision
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate appropriately with colleagues, suppliers and others at all levels
- Highly computer literate with:
- Excel and PowerPoint
- HTML familiarity (ability to understand where changes need to be made)
- Email deployment platforms
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.