- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Product Management
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
We are looking for a highly talented Marketing Director. This is a rare opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing, publicly-traded scale-up and a member of the leadership of the French subsidiary, our #2 market for Deliveroo.
You will be primarily responsible for driving the French consumer to love our brand and use our online platform to order from the best restaurants and groceries to be delivered to their homes and offices.
As a key leader in the business you will also be responsible for building the team and helping us become a household name in France.
Your role will include the following:
- Contribute to France overall strategic direction setting - as part of the Leadership team for the French market
- Design and implement a Go-to-Market (Marketing) Strategy including brand positioning, communication strategy, promotional strategy, consumer targeting etc…
- Own targets and budget, and constantly adjust for course correction as needed - with agily and a data driven mindset
- Leverage market data, customer segmentation, competition mapping, value proposition, competitive advantage and together with the General Manager
- Builds overall brand awareness across all segments of the French market, recognises and reacts to market trends, and delivers localised campaigns to meet aggressive growth targets
- Defines marketing strategy and plans, and own targets and budget. Propose and implement plans and tactics to grow the business
- Defines and drives all operational marketing activities: customer analysis/recommendations (brands, positioning)
- Manages all market intelligence activities (personal care market, customers, competition, brands, products, innovations) in order to provide data and analysis to the relevant team member
- Establishes KPIs for all programs, create results forecasts, and track performance to ensure marketing plans are delivering expected business outcomes
- Builds, leads, motivates and mentors your team. Coordinates with the team and gives guidance on a daily basis
- Partners with Commercial, Operations and Customer Care to grow lead acquisition and designs programs that open new and expansion opportunities
- Collaborates with a UK-based central team, product, data science, sales, creative studio, and management to produce relevant content that meets the needs of our customers and partners
- The ideal candidate will have experience scaling marketing, both online and offline in a consumer-focused technology company.
- 10+ years marketing experience, ideally both online and offline
- 360-degree marketing fluency across the full mix in a B2C environment- online/offline, digital/ traditional, direct marketing, brand, TV/radio, brand building/direct
- High degree of creativity to support ideation of marketing campaigns that appeal to a diverse range of customers in France
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment and adaptable to change with the ability to execute quickly
- Superb analytical skills, with the ability to create dashboards and maximise multiple KPIs across various platforms to drive decision-making.
- Ability to negotiate deals and terms with solution or media partners to maximise visibility, cost of acquisition and ROI
- Organizational skills and an operational mindset with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Experience in leading and developing high-performing teams
- Experience in a top-performing consumer oriented company a plus
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.