- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Product Management
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It’s an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
As the Global Director of Marketing, Grocery, you will be responsible for leading a team of marketing professionals to deliver high impact campaigns that drive consumers to Deliveroo’s on demand grocery business. We are seeking an experienced marketing leader who has a strategic, analytical mindset and a strong skill set for operation, project management & execution. You will lead the Grocery Marketing team, working closely with our external agencies, our in-house Creative Studio and channel experts to launch best-in-class integrated campaigns across multiple markets and ensure Deliveroo is top of mind for consumers when it comes to on demand grocery.
What you will be doing
- Lead the Grocery Marketing team across Brand, CRM, Marketing Ops, Digital Marketing and ATL
- Develop our marketing strategy and own the budget
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to launch high impact marketing campaigns across our channels
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to meet the business objectives
- Lead the development of quarterly marketing plans and build out the business case for campaigns to drive growth for the grocery business
- Analyse and report on ROI of marketing campaigns and initiatives
- The ideal candidate would have experience scaling marketing, both online and offline. The candidate can come from both in-house or agency (or preferably both) backgrounds.
- Highly experienced marketeer, ideally both online and offline
- Preferable experience working with Grocers, FMCG and Food & Beverage industry.
- Display high levels of analytical horsepower: being numbers driven is key as you need to look at weekly new and return customer metrics to decide on appropriate marketing initiatives and budget allocation that will drive growth.
- Exhibit high degrees of creativity to support ideation of marketing campaigns that appeal to a diverse range of customers globally.
- Equally happy to be on the streets driving a street activation campaign and being in the office looking at customer cohort numbers and coming up with actionable, data-driven insights
- Proven ability to successfully develop and execute major multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Experience in leading, developing and building teams high performing teams across a range of marketing disciplines.
- Agency experience combined with in-house execution track record preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams across the business as well as external partners
- Experience developing global marketing strategies and building scalable marketing processes to execute on those strategies
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.