- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
- Product Management
The communications team is, at heart, responsible for communicating the positive impact Deliveroo is having for our marketplace - consumers, restaurants and riders - and the company’s wider business strategy, purpose and vision. The company is at the centre of vital public debates, whether over the future of work, the role of technology in a modern economy, how to make food delivery truly sustainable and the future of the restaurant sector.
This role will own and execute global communications strategies and plans for Deliveroo riders across the 12 markets in which the business operates, partnering with Product, Engagement, Operations and Policy teams to deliver compelling, clear and impactful communications and initiatives, in addition to helping shape the overall proposition for riders who choose to work with Deliveroo.
- Draft global and market-wide communications on high priority change projects, sensitive topics and/or initiatives
- Help shape Deliveroo’s overall rider proposition alongside the central Comms, Policy and Operations teams, including the research and development of new partnership proposals
- Respond and manage emerging communications and/or reputational risks relating to riders
- Have a deep understanding of Deliveroo’s global rider fleet as well as the cultural and legal nuances of different markets
- Understand and represent riders’ interests in discussions across the business
- In partnership with the Product team, determine and develop communications strategy for the roll-out of new product features and/or changes to the rider app
- Provide strategic guidance and input to in-market Engagement and Operations teams on a variety of ongoing projects and new proposals
- Review and provide input on the Engagement and central CRM teams’ work and strategy
- Support the global Rider Trust & Safety and Customer Care team with high priority escalations and rider cases, helping to draft sensitive responses to members of the public, customers and riders as well as helping to determine how highly sensitive escalations can be best resolved
- Oversee and assist in coordinating large scale rider initiatives such as the annual Rider Awards, the Big Pitch (business competition), and Rider Forums across several markets
- Support the central Rider Marketing and Corporate Communications teams with the creation of rider-related content, announcements and in responding to media inquiries, including in crisis communications scenarios
- Proactively offer new ideas on how we could better engage riders and improve the media and public’s understanding of what it means to work with Deliveroo as a rider
- Report on work and progress to senior stakeholders across the business
- 4-6 years relevant professional experience, ideally with some time spent within a technology business
- Experience in a global business or working across several markets at once
- Experience managing both short and long term projects, with the ability to be both reactive and proactive
- Fluent English with an excellent standard of writing
- Experience of writing for many audience types including media
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strategic mindset with the willingness to act quickly and execute
- Flexible and adaptable attitude and must be able to remain calm and think clearly in high pressure situations
- Creativity to contribute to discussions and projects around campaigns and initiatives
- Great attention to detail, especially with content and copy
Nice to have:
- Experience in crisis communications/managing crises
- Experience of internal communications
- Additional language skills (specifically French would be a plus but is not essential)
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.