- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
- Product Management
Growth & Commercial Director
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Purpose of Job:
You will be responsible for designing and executing the Commercial strategy for the UAE, leading Deliveroo’s Growth, Editions, Grocery and BD teams.
This role requires a person with a strong problem-solving approach and general commercial acumen. In this role you will develop and lead a large and fast growing team, with the clear will to win in a highly competitive market.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies in cooperation with the central team in HQ.
- Drive business growth, in line with targets and market opportunity; set up financial targets, define objectives, and monitor the performance of commercial activities.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with high-profile F&B groups for new business, renegotiations, and relationship management.
- Contribute to efficient and collaborative ways of working between diverse teams and stakeholders (Marketing, Customer Service, Operations, Finance, People etc.) in a matrix environment.
- Build up Deliveroo’s image and reputation as an established and valued leader of the UAE F&B industry.
- Be proactive on new ideas and have a great sense of initiative.
- Pedigree education with a strong commercial background.
- Natural high intellect and quickness of thought to understand and dissect complex and often unclear or evolving opportunities.
- Track record of successfully running teams in a fast-moving, consumer-facing, technology-led environment.
- Strong track record of hitting targets and exceeding business expectations. Comfortable with high-pressure situations and tight deadlines.
- Deeply analytical - embraces a data-driven approach to problems, pointing to the right metrics and numbers, to back up decision making.
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly. Able to pivot quickly from long-term strategic thinking to immediate action tactical response.
- Team-oriented at all times, with excellent interpersonal skills, down to earth and fun to work with
- Strong knowledge of the F&B or restaurant industry is a plus.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Arabic is desirable.
Benefits and Diversity
- 25 days of Annual Holiday Leave
- Smart Working options - for working from home and from abroad
- Work visa
- Comprehensive medical insurance (for employee & dependents)
- Annual home flight tickets (for employee only)
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End of year parties & regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.