- Hong Kong
- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
- Product Management
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It’s an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and other markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo Hop team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
The Head of Category Management is at the heart of ensuring we have strong customer-value-proposition across the Deliveroo Hop function. You will build the best possible tools and processes to ensure that our product and pricing are the most compelling in the region. You will also work with a remote team of people tasked with managing menus and core data to ensure that execution of your strategy is seamless. You will build the necessary competitor bench marking capability and communicate recommendations to partners and senior leadership.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing and own the selection pillar of the Deliveroo Hop customer proposition
- Developing and refining a data-driven model and framework for understanding what good Partner selection looks like (i.e. what Brands we have in what areas)
- Identifying gaps in selection (including new launch areas)
- Prioritising Brand/ Partner roll-out plans to fill these gaps (including new launch areas)
- Creating selection prioritisation hierarchy by managing a team of analysts and data scientists
- Building robust competitor bench-marking capabilities and tools
- Continually developing and refining ranges/ menus
- Ongoing assessment of menu performance (i.e., ranges), identifying opportunities for improvement and proactively making constructive, data-driven recommendations
- Creating automated tools to make recommendations and drive decision making
- Designing and executing tests based on structured plans, desired outcomes, and robust methodology
- Managing monthly and quarterly range reviews with highly structured, specific, and analytically-driven evaluations and recommendations
- Own, develop and improve the price pillar of the customer proposition
- Developing and refining the framework for understanding our price and value proposition
- Managing analysts/data scientist who will develop algorithmic pricing models and engines to maximise both profit and conversion/retention
- Defining overall pricing strategy and experimentation processes
- Analysing various data sources and benchmarks to create best-in-class tooling to inform real time pricing analytics and engines
- Defining the strategy for pricing and promotion for Grocery on Deliveroo
- Managing monthly and quarterly pricing reviews with highly structured, specific, and analytically-driven evaluations and recommendations
- Working together with central grocery team to apply best in-practise
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience as a Category Manager or related experience for a grocer is essential
- Experience in delivering recommendations from data analysis
- Experience presenting to senior stakeholders and owning outcomes
- Experience influencing in a matrix organisation
- Experience working cross-functionally to deliver projects
- Resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact
- Start-up mentality with a love for both getting deep in the detail and driving top-level strategy
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.