- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
- Product Management
About the department
As a member of this high-profile team, you will contribute significantly to the understanding of Deliveroo’s equity story by the investor and analyst community. This is a unique and diverse role for someone looking to expand their sector knowledge, investor relations, or capital markets experience. You will be someone who enjoys the fast pace and challenge of working for a large international business and will be delivery focussed.
How you will make an impact as Investor Relations Assistant
- Manage the process to deliver results and trading updates including the production calendar, rehearsals, distribution, gathering feedback, event planning, technical requirements, and logistics.
- Manage the calendar and logistics for roadshows, conferences, and other events.
- Manage the IR generic inbox, ensuring questions are answered/ escalated as appropriate.
- Maintain the CRM system
- Lead on the production of comprehensive investor briefing packs issued to CEO and CFO ahead of roadshows, conferences, and ad hoc meetings.
- Maintain the investor research library for Deliveroo, competitors, and sector.
- Produce the Monthly IR management information deck and Quarterly Board report including share price charts, valuation sheets, data on investor meetings done, summary of new sell-side research, sourcing data as appropriate from brokers, register, CRM system, research library.
- Production and maintenance of corporate materials
- Maintain the IR section of the corporate website including updating Fact Sheets after results/ strategy updates etc.
- Produce a content plan for a quarterly investor newsletter, and manage production.
- Develop strong internal relationships to be able to source information from across the business as required.
- What you will bring as Investor Relations Assistant:-
- A commitment to study for the IR Society examinations and continued professional development
- Excellent written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good project management skills
- Good interpersonal skills with self-confidence to be able to communicate effectively and appropriately with the most senior management team in the company
- Self-motivated team player, able to work autonomously, build and utilise a broader cross-functional network
- Ability to prioritise workload whilst managing internal and external stakeholder expectations in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Occasional travel may be required within the UK and overseas
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started!
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.