- Hong Kong
- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
- Product Management
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
About the team
We’re looking for talented people to join our Operations Engagement department and help to keep our hard-working riders happy and motivated. Rider Engagement drives Deliveroo’s relationship with riders, building a community and keeping them at the heart of everything we do. This is the perfect opportunity to take your first steps in an exciting, fast-growing business and develop your operational abilities.
About the role
As the Operations Engagement Associate, you will help drive the Deliveroo Rider engagement strategy, which aims to consistently deliver the best-in-class rider experience through direct engagement, partnerships, and campaigns. You will have the responsibility of ensuring that rider satisfaction and brand love for Deliveroo improves through targeted campaigns. Whether it is by writing effective communications, planning an event, tracking the level of satisfaction of our fleet, or building partnerships across different verticals, your North star will be ensuring incremental improvement in the way our riders interact with us and among themselves, with the ultimate goal of creating a strong community of Deliveroo riders.
- You will...
- Define and execute the email campaign strategy
- Optimize the engagement campaign performance and drive continuous improvement through data analysis
- Own activation and retention metrics for the fleet
- Be the primary owner of both English and Chinese Owned Channel and social media content
- Build relations with riders across Hong Kong through in-person and virtual engagement events
Skills you’ll need & Eligibility…
- At least 3-5 years of experience in CRM, digital marketing, especially owned channel content management; relevant experience in a high growth environment preferred
- Sufficient numeracy to make actionable insights from quantitative and qualitative data sets
- Responsible for content development and execution. Develop effective content and test-and-learn plans to optimise Owned Channel performance (e.g. improve open rates/ conversion rates/ opt-in rates/ social engagement rates etc.)
- Responsible for content calendar management. Work with Commercial and Marketing peers to build, manage and execute content calendar across the year.
- Vested interest and competency (the know-how of) in digital and social media marketing
- Ability to deliver complex messages and explain concepts clearly and succinctly to a diverse audience
- Experience with a range of digital and social media platforms and proven ability to use it as an effective communications tool
- Native English Speaker and fluent in Chinese, with style and the ability to employ the appropriate tone of voice for any situation.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing and exciting startup to change the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful, and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around