- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Product Management
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager - Media & Brand, the position is responsible for the development and delivery of Brand marketing including national campaigns, sponsorships and activations planning, creative development and implementation, all the way through to budget management, reporting, and effectiveness for all brand activity across an integrated channel mix.
The team is accountable for driving effective implementation of a new localised brand strategy that brings to life the Deliveroo purpose and company culture while ensuring business alignment around plans. The team will also direct efforts towards improving both the customer experience and commercial performance for Deliveroo and supports all brand direction and planning.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years marketing experience, be creative and performance focussed, with a demonstrated ability to execute marketing campaigns to improve brand awareness and business metrics in complex and competitive contexts. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to excel in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and able to think big whilst paying careful attention to detail.
Day to Day
In this role you will:
- Oversee the development of campaign briefs including operational planning (and implementation), creative development process (Agency side) and media planning and delivery.
- Lead the planning and delivery of the localised brand strategy
- Implement global brand guidelines, visual identity, tonality etc and provide guidance to the business and partners these frameworks
- Work with internal and external partners to articulate an effective channel plan for each brand campaign
- Collaborate with the broader Marketing team to ensure marketing activity is consistent with overall brand and business objectives
- Participate in the Post Implementation Review process and ensure future campaign activity leverages key learnings.
- Identify cost efficiencies, through active supplier management, which create opportunities for new brand investment.
- Drive integration, synergies, best practice, and learnings across the portfolio and the broader marketing community.
- Provide oversight to sponsors and partners in the use of the Deliveroo brand
- Advise on external comms from a Brand perspective
- Work with Senior Manager to implement the Deliveroo communications framework, including message hierarchies
- Work collaboratively and cohesively with the marketing teams to brainstorm new and creative growth strategies and optimisation ideas
- Drive a focus on best practice Marketing across the business
- Campaign management.
- Demonstrated experience at identifying target audiences and devising brand campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Lead by example, role modelling behaviours and coaching in best practice brand
Skills we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills and natural team player
- 5+ years marketing experience, with experience in executing campaigns end-to-end (from idea to implementation) and analysing marketing KPIs to determine effectiveness
- Experience delivering and developing campaigns that work across different channels.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, proactive and go-getter.
- Real team player with experience working cross-functionally with an array of internal and agency teams
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 6 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 6 years and we operate in 12 countries with over 100,000 riders who deliver orders from 140,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at $14.5 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.