- Hong Kong
- Date Posted
- Nov. 4, 2021
- Product Management
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It’s an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
As an On Demand Grocery Associate, you will:
- Work with the wider ODG team to improve the Deliveroo experience for both customers and grocery partners through diving into various performance metrics and pioneering improvement initiatives
- Apply your analytical skills to run performance deep dives and build models as needed to drive vertical growth across grocery sales, marketing, operations, and other related areas
- Formulate plans and initiatives to help grocery partners improve sales, which includes managing new product rollouts, increasing adoption of optimization tools, driving participation in promotion events, and more
- Work with your manager and across departments to create and adhere to internal processes, as well as partnering with the wider Grocery and Commercial Team to introduce scalable, effective workflows
- Get your hands dirty to launch new programs and ad hoc projects to help us deliver our customers’ favorite products and groceries right to their doorsteps
Skills & Requirements:
- 2-4 years of experience in a commercial role with demonstrated business acumen
- Strong communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Be able to build trust with both internal and external stakeholders
- A results-oriented self-starter with an analytical mindset
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Proficiency of Microsoft Excel is a must
- Fluent in Cantonese and English (written and oral) to communicate clearly with both internal and external stakeholders
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.