- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Product Management
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
We’re looking for a talented person to join the Rider Services department, a bustling and vibrant team who help riders get out on the road and support them once they’re there. This is the perfect opportunity to join an exciting, fast-growing business and expand your operational abilities.
Reporting into the Global Rider Trust Manager, you are responsible for identifying, analysing & addressing potential rider behaviours which affect Restaurants, Customers and members of the public across our European markets
You’ll be using rider data to identify problems, so you need to be someone who loves diving headfirst into a sheet of data, using it to tell stories and help us to not only solve, but potentially prevent rider fraud & issues arising. You will also spend time communicating with riders, to support them in resolving their most important issues. With this in mind, you’ll need to be an excellent communicator and be diplomatic & empathetic in the way you handle these sensitive situations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Being proactive in identifying new fraudulent rider behaviours, and presenting these with proposed solutions & processes to the team manager
- Running weekly and daily tools and datasets which check for known rider behaviour, ensuring compliance to rider policies
- Conducting detailed investigations of rider activity following reports of undesirable rider behaviour
- Being the SME and owning a workstream, whilst maintaining knowledge of the other workstreams running in the team
- Occasionally, support other Rider Services teams, providing support to riders over the phone and via email in relation to the most sensitive issues riders face (we use Zendesk so any experience is a plus!)
- Interacting with other departments in the business, including other teams in operations, Commercial, Customer Care, Comms, Legal, Policy and Rider Support.
- Coaching and training new team members once proficient in certain processes - this is a collaborative team and we all learn from one another
- You have excellent communication skills, able to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders
- You are data driven and able to use large data sets to extract the relevant information to both identify and resolve issues
- You have a keen attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- You are inquisitive and curious, able to understand how many component parts of a business fit together
- You are happy working in a fast-paced environment and can easily adapt to change
- You are driven to ensure that the department is providing riders with world class support
- You are able to prioritise work by considering the impact and scale of the work, as well as managing time effectively to meet deadlines
- You are self-motivated and eager to learn (we look to empower you in your role to make decisions, but you have to be willing to motivate yourself at times too).
- You have a university degree or equivalent experience
- You have experience in operations, compliance or consulting environment
- You have working experience using SQL and BI tools
- You can speak other European languages
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.