- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Product Management
At Deliveroo we have a world class data science organisation, with a mission to enable the highest quality human and machine decision making. We work throughout the company - in product, business and platform teams. We are uniquely placed to connect and calibrate quantitative decision making throughout Deliveroo, and have strong relationships with our business partners.
Our team members use technical skills from the whole spectrum of data science: building analytical tools; informing decision making at all levels of the business via bespoke and automated analysis; running experiments; performing causal analysis; informing planning and prioritisation with robust impact estimates; building production machine learning and optimisation models; and upskilling the entire company in data literacy and data driven decision making.
In this role, you will work with stakeholders across marketing and the wider consumer org, both in HQ and in local markets, to improve the way we communicate with our consumers. You will work on solving complex business problems, build tools which simplify the way teams work, spot unexplored opportunities, challenge the status quo and work closely with the wider consumer leadership team to improve our marketing strategy.
You are an experienced, hands-on individual with strong technical skills (SQL, Python / R and data visualisation tools such as Looker), critical reasoning and experience working with marketing teams.
You will develop both your business acumen and technical background through training and exposure to senior executives.
- Work with stakeholders in the marketing and consumer team, helping solve our biggest business problems with clear insights based on data and analysis.
- Build tools and frameworks which make our marketing activities more compelling and more efficient.
- Challenge existing assumptions and spot opportunities to grow the customer base, improve customer experience, make our operations more efficient and impact our financial performance.
- Partner with product managers and business partners to ensure that product teams are rigorously data driven.
- Be creative and pragmatic in identifying and quantifying opportunities for big impact within your product or business area.
- Bring scientific rigour, entrepreneurial thinking, and passion to tell actionable stories with data.
- Strong analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- A customer centric mindset, who always thinks about the impact of products/services on customers as well as direct business KPIs
- Experience working with marketing teams, in at least one of the following areas: digital (performance) marketing, CRM, customer analytics, econometrics or ATL marketing.
- Ability to communicate complex findings to key stakeholders in a simple way, with excellent data visualization and storytelling skills.
- Deep knowledge of SQL and another programming language such as Python or R.
- The sort of personality who thrives in a fast-moving and quickly changing environment. You should jump for joy when people bring you new ideas or data, and love engaging people across the company at all levels with your enthusiasm for making positive change.
- Experience in a fast-moving startup culture.
- Experience with marketing technology (MarTech)
- Experience running experiments
- Experience with ETL and query optimisation.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques.
- Experience with Git.
Data Science at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.