- Hong Kong
- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
- Product Management
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
As a Senior Real Estate Manager you will be a key part of one of the fastest growing business units at Deliveroo. You will drive growth by identifying and securing as many new site opportunities as possible. You will manage the end-to-end acquisition process and continue to manage properties throughout their life cycles, including renewals and re-gears. Your primary role is to find as many opportunities as possible across the Hong Kong market and to work alongside the rest of the team to take those leads through planning approval, signing and lease commencement. We charge you with signing as many units as possible across Hong Kong.
- Work closely with the Global Property Director and wider Property, Commercial and Construction teams develop and execute a large pipeline of new sites
- Sell Editions to developers, owners (both small and large scale) and occupiers to sign as many units as possible across Hong Kong
- Develop and maintain a network of local agents and broker partners to drive the supply pipeline
- Prospect, qualify, pitch, and close new real estate opportunities
- Use local real estate knowledge and a network of contacts to source developers and real estate owners with suitable development opportunities where the Editions business model can operate and create value
- Manage relationships with owners and developers including deal structuring, ongoing correspondence, and lease compliance
- Craft, negotiate, and support leases favourable to Editions, with a focus on commercial terms, planning requirements and landlord responsiveness
- Become fluent in local planning and operating regulations and building code
- Become an expert at pipeline management while ensuring full compliance with Editions business development procedures, driving improvements to the process when shortcomings are identified
- Foster community relations and present the value and benefits of partnering with Deliveroo while enhancing public image
Skills you’ll need and Eligibility
- You’re a commercial real estate expert and have made your mark as a recognized and well-established real estate professional in your market
- You are RICS (or similar) accredited and have a minimum of 7+ years experience in commercial real-estate, including rapid acquisition at-scale & development
- You have additional specialised knowledge of F&B/hospitality, Industrial or Retail expansion
- You have experience with a range of asset classes (industrial, commercial and retail)
- You are commercially smart, technically experienced and can foster and leverage the right relationships to get deals done
- Financially savvy and comfortable with various methods of property financial appraisals
- You have a good understanding of all aspects of real estate development - equity structures, financing considerations, construction, and exit
- You live, breathe, and sleep alternative real estate; you are ultra passionate and knowledgeable about the Hong Kong real estate market
- You’re an accomplished salesperson and someone who is self-driven. You must be comfortable presenting to senior internal and external audiences.
- You’ve built a robust real estate network. You can find your way to any developer and landlord and can leverage your rolodex
- You are analytical, decisive and have the entrepreneurial drive to carry out a strategic plan for property acquisition
- You aspire to be a missionary and not a mercenary - you want to work for a fast-growing unicorn start-up
- You see the big picture and make decisions based on the long term value vs. short term profit
- You’re an outstanding communicator with the ability to communicate complex deals in simple terms
- Must be Fluent in Spoken and written English
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.