- Vancouver, WA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 28, 2021
- Professional Services
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
The kitchen Assistant role covers a wide range of tasks across the Editions site. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift, including taking charge of dispatch and working as a runner, liaising with all restaurant partners to deliver food in line with our KPI’s, dealing with customer service complaints over the phone using our in-house escalation process as well as taking proactive steps to protect the customer journey.
A key part of this role surrounds your ability to step into any of the roles on site.
Duties will include:
- Dispatch: food handover to riders, customer complaints, liaise with kitchens and riders and identify & resolve issues.
- Basic kitchen preparation skills across multiple partners
- Generating Daily and EOD reports
- Ensuring the site is clean and well maintained.
- Working alongside the Site Manager and Assistant Manager to maintain and deliver high standards.
- Opening and closing duties
- Logging maintenance calls and liaising with contractors.
- Carrying out daily food safety checks and reporting any issues to the site manager and restaurant partner.
- Being able to cover the site without SM or ASM
- Trained to Food Safety level 2 as a minimum or level 3 (training provided if required).
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proactive and able to take initiatives
- First Aid training ideal (training provided if required)
- Fire Marshal training ideal (training provided if required)
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- An abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups around.
- The ideal candidate would have experience working in a similar role.
- Be flexible, a team player, reliable, be proactive and have a can-do attitude.
Reference ID: KA Manchester
Part-time hours: 30+ per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £9.20 per hour
- Bike to work scheme
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
- Monday to Friday
Temperature checks, wear of face mask