- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
About the role
Our Account Management team owns and manages our restaurant relationships. As Deliveroo continues to scale, we become a major revenue channel for restaurants - aside from providing best-in-class support, we are restaurant consultants that use data-driven insight and industry knowledge to help our partner restaurants’ grow. The AMs are a passionate, dynamic group of team players that work well together and cross functionally with other departments...and of course, they’re fun, personable, and great at building relationships!
What you’ll be doing
- Managing a portfolio of key restaurants with a focus on building lasting relationships and increasing profitability/revenue
- Owning full performance of your portfolio, from sales performance, to in-store operations, to marketing and growth strategies, providing every-day support across all functions
- Analysing data on different markets and drive initiatives to increase revenues for your portfolio
- Working cross functionally with other teams and departments to drive business growth (Examples: work with Marketing to build a growth plan for restaurants, work with Operations to customize a restaurant radii, work with Customer Service to troubleshoot any recurring operational issues)
- Thinking outside the box, independently, to solve problems and identify and execute on growth opportunities for your portfolio
What skills you’ll need
- Background: minimum 3 years’ experience in an account management or commercial role, with proven track record of driving results for clients
- Analytical Thinker - able to cut through the noise and understand the key data points that drive performance improvements for your portfolio
- Cross-Functional Team Player - a collaborative team player who is able to get the best out of the people around you. Able to work effectively at all levels of Deliveroo and deliver success with and through others
- Upbeat, Confident & High Energy - you bring freshness, energy and passion into the team. Help create a working environment that is unique, spawns new ideas and is enjoyable for the other people involved
- Demonstrate experience using Microsoft Office tools and related project/program management applications to drive best practice
- Be a people person, who can create and maintain strong, genuine relationships
- An interest in food is great here. It’s a place to unleash the foodie in you
- You must be a self-starter as we’ll look for you to manage your own time and priorities here
Benefits and Diversity
- 20 days Annual Leave
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free Delivery and access to special offers
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Never go thirsty: Coffee machine and stocked fridges
- Daily breakfast, healthy snacks and fruits
- Group insurance covering hospitalisation & surgical, extended major medical, medical outpatient & outpatient specialist and dental
- Voluntary dependent insurance
- Parent friendly working culture with Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefit and Mother’s room available in office
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.