- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
Hungry? Ready for a challenge? Our restaurant partners are the lifeblood of the company and we are building a dedicated global function to become a strategic account management partner to our most valuable global restaurant partners. In this role you will take responsibility for a set of global restaurant brands and become their goto partner for growing their business across digital channels.
We are looking for a seasoned commercial professional that owns the sales and account management experience for these partners, delivering results for our enterprise partners and selling, deploying and owning cross functional strategies and tactics to drive their success. You will also be a true consultant to our partners - building relationships, as well as using data-driven insight and industry knowledge to solve their toughest problems. You should be comfortable with carrying commercial targets, getting your hands dirty, enjoy creative problem solving, and be energised by a changing and dynamic international environment. You will also build best sales and account management to be rolled out globally across the entire Deliveroo organization.
The role will involve:
- Account management and partner success: Owning the success of our largest and most loved restaurant partners on the platform governed by commercial Joint Business Plans and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Strategy and planning: Proactively thinking about how each partner can grow their business across the Deliveroo platform to achieve ambitious targets and stay relevant in a rapidly digitally transforming industry
- Cross team collaboration: Championing the priorities of our partners when working with both local and central teams to ensure we are providing the best service and value across product, marketing and operations
- Relationship management: Building strong relationships across the portfolio, and up to C Level with each restaurant partner. This involves developing a deep understanding of the needs of each partner, and ensuring that we are providing the appropriate levers to support them and sell in new Deliveroo products and services
- Creative problem solving: Identifying the root causes of issues through a combination of intuition, data, and experimentation.
- Project management: Structuring and probing action plans, conducting fast-paced problem solving, and driving accountability in cross-functional teams
- Reporting and process: Building structured reporting and overall process around sales, account management and partner success; ability to build internal processes to create consistency and standardisation across a decentralised, global team.
The role requires a strategic mindset, sales skills, strong analytical skills, management experience and excellent stakeholder management with a track record of exceeding targets as well as:
- Experience leading large scale commercial negotiations preferably including multi-jurisdictional agreements
- 5+ years working in consulting or account management roles
- Ability to manage a systematic and predictable sales and account management cadence for the assigned accounts
- Solid understanding of account management and sales processes and methodologies
- Deep understanding of P&L statements & Balance Sheets and an ability to trade-off between line items in commercial negotiation and marketing activation
- Experience managing relationships with C-suite operators
- Strong commercial communication and presentation skills
- Experience in crafting and proposing marketing strategy and execution plans
- Understanding of or experience in the restaurant industry a plus
- Results oriented, fast-paced, data-driven and structured
- Excel and PowerPoint/Google Slides wizard