- Hong Kong
- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prospect, pitch and close grocery partnerships with a proactive approach, using a variety of channels / means of communication (including cold calls, visitation and in person meetings)
- Lead the end-to-end sales cycle with our potential grocery partners through strategic negotiations and making the most attractive offers that achieves business objectives
- Own and develop an acquisition strategy based on the analysis of the demand & supply in each area
- Ensure a smooth and complete integration process when bringing a partner onboard, from the registration phase to the operational launch
- Drive the strategy, creation and execution of sales initiatives to enhance performance
- Manage your portfolio of grocery partners with a focus on building lasting relationships and increasing profitability / revenue
- Provide insight and guidance to your portfolio of grocery partners on how to optimise and grow delivery as a channel
- Identify opportunities to deepen and grow the relationship with key restaurant partners by involving and working cross functionally with other parts of the Deliveroo business
Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years of B2B sales experience in related fields such as groceries/retail or FMCG
- Self-driven with a proven sales record and an appetite for scaling your portfolio
- You must be effective at targeting and able to build rapport with new business stakeholders
- Strong communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Be tenacious and motivated by targets
- Strong commercial acumen and desire to innovate and find new ways to grow the business
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.