- Date Posted
- Jan. 10, 2022
- Technical & Customer Support
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Deliveroo Care team, based in London, centrally manages our entire global customer care operation which includes Workforce Management, Policy & Automation, and Care Performance for our live support for consumers, riders and restaurants, as well as technical and logistical Operations and non-live support. With a company as big as Deliveroo, we have a number of customer care centres based around the globe to support our different markets and languages.
This role reports directly to the Global VP Customer Care & Experience. We see this as a central and influential role that is essential to maintaining the smooth daily operations of the Care team. This role is based in our London office.
As the Care Team Manager, you will:
- Manage the Team Operating Rhythm and Coordinate Care Leadership Team Actions
- Work in close partnership with VP Customer Care to support the smooth operation of the central team.
- Coordinate core Care Leadership team meetings / agenda and tracking of outstanding actions as required.
- Run the team sprint cadence (including sprint planning meetings, daily huddles, and sprint reviews) and support quarterly planning, follow up to monthly business reviews (working with performance team), and other regular activities.
- Hold teams to account, tracking progress on sprint deliverables and following up relentlessly to ensure key milestones are met.
- Be a point of contact for the wider Customer Care team, triaging requests and escalating urgent or important issues to the appropriate people.
- Build strong working relationships and act as liaison with teams outside of Care on certain topics.
- Support with and Lead Project Execution
- Work on ad-hoc projects - these might be related to Customer Care, or the development of our central team members (e.g. implementation of a training & development programme, reviewing customer care templates or macros, research projects as required)
- Identify areas for improvement, and implement those improvements - whether this is within the central Care team, or working collaboratively with other teams at Deliveroo.
- Be a change manager, supporting and implementing change within the team, with a positive problem-solving approach.
- Prepare documents, reports and spreadsheets as required.
- Own Team Culture and Engagement Strategy
- Monitor team health and monthly employee engagement surveys and identify opportunities to improve engagement with team
- Coordinate broader team engagement sessions and help leadership coordinate class training within Care
- Work with Leadership to manage team budget and organise activities throughout the year
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience managing projects (big or small!) as a generalist or working in a Sprint environment, with the ability to be flexible across multiple assignments
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to influence others and make a clear and succinct point
- Excellent team working skills, especially in a cross-functional setting
- The ability to manage your own workload and re-prioritise regularly
- Meticulous attention to detail and a results-focused approach
- Comfortable working in a startup or tech environment (or similar environment with heavy change focus)
- An interest (or prior experience) in customer care, experience roles or operations
- Experience in administration and supporting leadership teams (e.g. executive support)
- Hands-on, action oriented approach
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.