- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
The Deliveroo Care team, based in London, centrally manages our entire global customer care operation which includes Workforce Management, Policy & Automation, and Care Performance for our live support for consumers, riders and restaurants, as well as technical and logistical Operations and non-live support. With a company as big as Deliveroo, we have a number of customer care centres based around the globe to support our different markets and languages.
You will work in close partnership with, and report directly to, the VP Customer Care and Experience to support the smooth operation of the central Care Team. This is a pivotal and influential role, as you will be responsible for holding the team to account on their deliverables, tracking progress, and driving projects forward to ensure that key milestones are met.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinating core Care leadership team meetings / agenda and tracking of outstanding actions as required
- Run the team sprint cadence (including sprint planning meetings, daily huddles, and sprint reviews) and support quarterly planning, monthly business reviews, and other regular activities.
- You’ll be a point of contact for the wider Customer Care team, triaging requests and escalating urgent or important issues to the appropriate people
- Build strong working relationships and act as liaison with teams outside of Care on certain topics
- Support with and Lead Project Execution
- Work on ad-hoc projects - these might be related to Customer Care, or the development of our central team members (e.g. implementation of a training & development programme, reviewing customer care templates or macros, research projects as required)
- Identify areas for improvement, and implement those improvements - whether this is within the central Care team, or working collaboratively with other teams at Deliveroo.
- Be a change manager, supporting and implementing change within the team, with a positive problem-solving approach.
- Prepare documents, reports and spreadsheets as required.
- Own Team Culture and Engagement Strategy
- Monitor team health and monthly employee engagement surveys and identify opportunities to improve engagement with team
- Coordinate broader team engagement sessions and help leadership coordinate class training within Care
- Work with Leadership to manage team budget and organise activities throughout the year
- Experience managing projects (big or small!) as a generalist or working in a Sprint environment, with the ability to be flexible across multiple assignments
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to influence others and make a clear and succinct point
- Excellent team working skills, especially in a cross-functional setting
- The ability to manage your own workload and re-prioritise regularly
- Meticulous attention to detail and a results-focused approach
- Comfortable working in a startup or tech environment (or similar environment with heavy change focus)
- An interest (or prior experience) in customer care, experience roles or operations
- Experience in administration and supporting leadership teams (e.g. executive support)
- Hands-on, action oriented approach
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.