- Date Posted
- Jan. 10, 2022
- Technical & Customer Support
Customer Service is the cornerstone of Deliveroo. Although our business is 100% automated, things do break and for our Customers this means that them receiving great quality food can be impacted – not good! We need to ensure that if we let customers down they are dealt with in a proactive manner and ensure we look to fix the problem from re-occurring for other Customers. This is where you come in! You’ll be championing our Customers as well as supporting our drivers and restaurants to deliver great quality local food to a very hungry public. We’re looking for an awesome individual who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and who isn’t afraid of some hard work.
As a Global Escalations Team Leader you will be responsible for supervising the team on a day to day basis, ensuring that customer queries are handled efficiently and effectively via both phone and email. You will manage and develop the team proactively to ensure OKRs are on track at all times. You communicate appropriately with other Global Escalation Team Leaders and provide team insights and improvements to the Customer Care Operations Manager and the Care Leadership Team. You should also ensure that we are adequately staffed to answer customer queries and that any issues are appropriately escalated to the right person.
- Manage Team performance throughout the shift, ensuring workloads, resources and staff are effectively managed.
- Ensure on-shift agents are kept up-to-date with issues and trends and cascade communications across the teams as appropriate.
- Act as an escalation point for customer issues across markets.
- Recruitment, on-boarding and training of new employees
- Champion a culture that demonstrates emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Helping to establish customer service policies and procedures with the Policy Team
- As a Deliveroo Ambassador, embrace the Deliveroo values in all areas.
- Conducting 1-1 catch ups with the members of your team regularly.
- Monitoring the overall lateness and absence rates of your team members and conducting performance reviews where necessary.
- Leverage your sharp business acumen to deliver solutions effectively and within deadline.
- Plans, organises and delivers small departmental goals (i.e. creating and rolling out training material with minimal to no managerial input)
- Making use of your customer service skills to deal with both highly sensitive issues and turn around serious complaints caused by bad customer outcomes
- Rotational shift work mostly overnight including weekends
- Strong written and spoken English and French
- Experience of effectively leading and working within high-performing teams.
- Experience in training and upskilling internal members of your team as well as 3rd party agents.
- Willingness to take responsibility and ownership of projects and initiatives within the Care organisation.
- Customer Service systems knowledge is a plus.
- A strong command of Zendesk and G-Suite would be desirable.
- Proven ability to work in a very dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial organisation from your own initiative.
- Strong planning and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Proven ability to achieve numerous goals in a timely manner, exercising good judgment and sound decision-making skills.
Preferred, but not required:
Additional language skills (Italian / Dutch / Cantonese / Mandarin / Arabic) would be a benefit