- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be a key senior leader within the commercial team. This is a rare opportunity to become a critical member of a well-funded global start-up driving the future of food. This support team do just that - they support our restaurant partners and the rest of the Commercial team whilst also keeping a closer eye on our Small & Medium sized accounts (SMB). You’ll manage both the New Restaurant Experience team (NRX) and the Restaurant Support Team to ensure the efficient support & success of our restaurant partners.
- Customer Success: Lead a team of 10 people (two direct reports) to drive great outcomes for our restaurant partners. Ensure we are able to provided best-in-class service that truly meets restaurant partner needs.
- Flexible stakeholder management: able to work with all types of restaurants from local, owner operated to the largest Quick Service Restaurant chains
- Leadership: Provide both guidance and serve as an example by being comfortable getting your hands dirty, creating solutions and solving challenging problems in a dynamic environment.
- Process Optimisation: Conduct detailed analysis to understand how we can improve partner operations at scale, translating this into actionable insights and working with the team to deliver best-in-class service to both our partners and customers.
- Operations Focused: Streamline processes for our restaurant success team to drive the success of new restaurant partners on our platform. Work with key stakeholders across the broader Commercial team to identify opportunities to drive improvements in efficiency
- Team Management: Recruit, manage, and develop the team, including coaching and mentoring to ensure we have the capabilities to win.
- Relationship Building: Liaison across the organisation and function as an escalation point for account team to drive issues to resolution.
- Commercial Acumen: Develop and own the growth of our largest volume of accounts at Deliveroo all across Australia, optimising and providing recommendations for our SMB accounts to achieve growth targets on the Deliveroo platform.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Team & stakeholder management skills: you’ll have previous commercial experience leading people
- Strong analytical skills and significant operational expertise
- Experience in working in a dynamic, high-growth company
- Self-starter, hard worker, well-organised with the ability to prioritise and see the ‘big picture’
- Effective relationship-building and communication skills whether face to face, through phone, or email
- Problem solver - ability to break a problem down and develop a strategy to resolve
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.