- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
- Technical & Customer Support
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 80,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
And we’re just getting started
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest-growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
About the Role
- We’re customer obsessed, that includes our internal customers. You should love customer service as much as we do, going the extra mile is sometimes necessary for outstanding delivery.
- Passionate about technology, it’s our technology that connects us and enables us to give the customer exactly what they need.
- You will have a strong knowledge of supporting Google Workspace (G Suite) and experience with MacOS and Windows 10 as well as supporting technologies, such as JAMF and Intune.
- Experience working in a technical support environment within a growing tech company would be really useful for us, as we want you to bring your knowledge of good service delivery.
- You should be able to take the lead on projects where your skills are most suited to the task at hand, you will also have no problem guiding others around you and sharing your knowledge.
- As a company that thrives through collaboration if you have experience mentoring, training, or creating knowledge amongst your team we would love you to be part of our journey raising the standard of service delivery the same way we raised the standard of high quality food delivery.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ensure the highest levels of customer experience in a collaborative environment with a keen focus on helping people resolve issues and problems as the first point of contact in Operations.
- You will spend time working with tickets that have been submitted to the Service Desk via multiple mediums (chat/phone/web/walk-ups). Some tickets you will work through to resolution, and some you will need to collaborate or escalate to other teams for assistance. You will act as liaison for our new employees helping to assist in setting up their laptops and other devices/accessories. Sometimes your job is simply to grant permission to a user once you have obtained or verified their eligibility.
- Troubleshoot, or escalate issues as appropriate, in a timely manner while communicating clearly and proactively throughout the customer’s experience until resolved.
- You will share our passion for improvement, always looking for opportunities to improve and highlighting them to the team and management.
We’re interested in:
Exposure or expertise in any of the following:
- Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Apple products
- Windows 10
- ZenDesk / ServiceNow / Data Studio
- Jamf/InTune / Git
- Identity and Access Management
- Python or any other programming language
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to anyone of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-ups around.