- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Design & UI
The Discord family is looking for a graphic designer for Art School, our in-house creative team. You will collaborate with a team of experienced graphic designers, illustrators, motion designers, and copywriters to create engaging and beautiful content for print, digital, merch and much more. You may also high-five some people along the way...virtually.
As a member of Art School, you’ll help create content to communicate the Discord brand to the world. We are a friendly, collaborative team that focuses on creating high-quality experiences that enhance Discord above everything else. We create memes too.
If you love designing and working with highly creative people, you’ll fit right in at Discord.
What you’ll be doing
- Report to our Art Director and develop content for all disciplines at Discord that require creative assets
- Create compelling content with a strong focus on User Acquisition ads and campaigns
- Work with designers, project managers, and other partners for feedback
- Establish and communicate consistent visuals and standards across the company’s entire brand
- Develop a strong understanding of the Discord brand voice, tone, and brand guidelines
- Meet deadlines and have the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
What you should have
- Experience working on User Acquisition ads and campaigns
- Fundamental design skills, including knowledge of typography, composition, and color
- Motivation to create design concepts with minimal oversight and evolving your designs over the course of the project, while still being able to take creative direction from managers and clients
- Ability to provide multiple creative solutions to problems
- Great attention to detail while having an open mind for creativity exploration
- Deep understanding of sarcasm
- 4+ years of design experience with agency or in-house design teams; ideally in the tech or gaming industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design (preferred)
- Experience working with Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, and photoshop
- A background in illustration and sketching
- Experience working with Figma
- Experience creating simple animations
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It’s been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what’s next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.