- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
The Director of Accounting Operations will be responsible for streamlining our core accounting functions around month end close, equity and payroll processes, procure to pay process, audits, system implementations and ad hoc corporate projects. This is a high-visibility role that will be involved in all aspects of the Company’s ERP initiatives and audit readiness, and application of accounting best practices in accordance with US GAAP. This role will report to the Corporate Controller and will build out a team. They will work closely with cross functional teams, department leads, and key external partners.
- Planning and directing all assigned accounting operational functions in AP, GL, Close, Cash, Payroll, T&E and Equity
- Assessing current accounting operations, proposed and help implementing new processes and improvements to scale accounting operations with internal controls and SOX compliance in mind
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated global business results
- Evolve accounting policies for certain items such as accruals, T&E policy updates, capitalization of tangible and intangible assets, stock-based compensation, payroll, and others as needed
- Identify areas for system improvement and assist or lead system automation and implementation projects
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements, account analysis, etc. Support the preparation of 10Q and 10K financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Collaborate with business partners on cross-functional projects
- Management/coordination with our external CPA firms abroad for subsidiary accounting and reporting, including legal entity set ups.
- 10+ years of relevant progressive accounting experience including some combination of “Big 4” public accounting and industry, fast growing startup environment and publicly traded company experience
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance, CPA with excellent technical accounting skills, with a detailed understanding of GAAP standards
- Solid project management skills including attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple high priority tasks
- Proven track record leading cross-functional initiatives and engaging with strategic partners
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in major ERP is a plus
- Experience in building out a large team