- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
We are seeking a seasoned professional to be a key member of our technical accounting group. This position represents a unique opportunity to provide accounting and finance daily expertise to a growing Finance and Accounting Organization. You will be a key business partner and go-to resource to provide technical accounting guidance to senior leaders across the business. This hire will be reporting to the Corporate Controller and will play an important role in building out our SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Function.
What you’ll be doing
- Use your subject matter expertise on US GAAP and SEC regulations to prepare and file of SEC reports
- Lead the coordination and preparation of quarterly and year-end external financial reports, including business section, risk factors, footnotes and MD&A for quarterly earnings releases, 10-Qs and 10-Ks, disclosure checklists and related press releases and earnings release scripts
- Drive the quarterly drafting and review cycle including the quarterly disclosure committee meetings and meetings with the leaders of the business functions
- Coordinate with Accounting Operations Team for Financial Close and month end reporting readiness and roll out of cloud based financial close tracking tool
- Collaborate with Internal Audit and SOX team on various SOX planning documents
- Train the Accounting organization and the business to improve awareness and adoption of new accounting guidance
- Research and document accounting positions for complex transactions. Provide global oversight of technical accounting policies and proactively assess the impact of new U.S. GAAP accounting standards. Prepare technical accounting memos and analysis as needed.
- Develop a team of high-performing professionals that add-value and contribute to Discords’s success
What you should have
- 10+ years’ public accounting experience, Big 4 preferred
- CPA required
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC regulations, as well as related authoritative literature governing financial reporting for public companies.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, able to collaborate cross-functionally across various parts of the business and seniority levels
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays + 4 weeks PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It’s been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what’s next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.