- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
We are looking for a Senior General Ledger accountant to expand our Accounting Team. The candidate will assist the Accounting team with general ledger responsibilities, including month end close, journal entries, reconciliations, int’l accounting and consolidation, accruals, accounts payable, and financial statement preparation.
What you’ll be doing
- Prepare and post general ledger and journal entries and month-end close activities, and adhering to close calendar
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and prepare various account analysis and financial statement fluxes for review
- Assist with financial statement preparations and supporting schedules.
- Assist in the development, rollout and continuous improvement of procedures, process, accounting memos and internal control documentation.
- Provide support to quarterly review/annual audits and application of new accounting guidance to ensure accordance with US GAAP.
- Assist with month end consolidation of subsidiaries, intercompany accounting and int’l books reviews, including cash funding requirements.
- Provide support to Accounts Payable process as needed
- Collaborate with teams from US, India, etc. to ensure close transactions are accounted for accurately
- Assist with tracking Financial Close Checklist and eventual migration to Blackline or FloQast
- Provide cross training to other GL team members to help further overall team’s development and growth
- Support special ad hoc projects as needed
What you should have
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration and CPA preferred
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Experience with preparation and processing of AP, GL, Subledgers, Consolidation, Chart of Accounts, knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and ERP systems preferred
- Experience with NetSuite, Oracle, SAP or Intacct preferred. Blackline or FloQast close tool familiarity preferred
- Experience with preparation of supporting schedules for balance sheet, P&L, and cash flows and financial statement footnotes related to audited financials preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays + 4 weeks PTO
Unlimited sick days
Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It’s been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what’s next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.