- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
The Senior Manager of Internal Audit will help design, implement, and maintain Discord’s internal audit strategy and SOX compliance program. You will have broad exposure to the operations of the company, working with leaders across finance, legal, human resources operations, engineering, and with our external auditor and advisors. This role will report to the Corporate Controller.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the efforts of the development and testing of our internal controls over financial reporting including documentation and assessment (i.e., narratives, flowcharts, risk control matrices, etc.) and testing strategy/plan.
- Track control gaps and provide remediation action plans on deficiencies to address internal control weaknesses.
- Manage internal controls within the organization and serve as a reliable resource for implementing controls within a business process.
- Lead the annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process by identifying significant locations and processes and ensure an adequate scope and testing of financial statement-based risks.
- Evaluate the scope and effectiveness of compliance programs.
- Coordinate the efforts between external auditors and internal business process / IT owners, including understanding on SOX planning, walkthroughs / testing, audit requests and deficiency evaluation.
- Participate in process reviews and identify opportunities for enhancements in operational efficiency, overall effectiveness, and identifiable benefits to the company.
- Present overall SOX progress, results, and recommendations to executive management.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned to support corporate goals such as business process improvements and execution of operational audit projects.
- Coordinate with advisors and external consultants and auditors to improve their engagement according to budget. Lead the scoping, budgeting, tracking of budget versus actuals and status reporting.
What you should have
- Big 4 Experience and CPA.
- 7+ years of internal/external auditing experience in subscription-based business model.
- Understanding of GAAP, COSO, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB Rules and experience using auditing and assessment frameworks and the application of professional standards.
- Experience setting goals and guiding results.
- Experience handling confidential matters.
- Effectiveness operating in complex organizational and regulatory environments.
- Experience working with all levels of management and the general workforce.
- Motivated with ability to prioritize issues and allocate resources.
- Familiarity with ERP systems such as Intacct, SAP or NetSuite
- Understanding of ASC 606
- Understanding of gaming industry
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It’s been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what’s next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.